Sunday, June 29, 2008

Bad bad kid!

I hate it when at my age, I'm still being directed what to do with things that I can obviously decide for myself. Grrrr! You can guess by now that I'd had some petty arguement with my parents. But not really an "arguement" since I'm not really the type who argues.

It's Sunday and I know as a Catholic, it's my responsibility to hear mass. But lately I've been missing going to church and it bothers my parents. Just now they FORCED me to go to church. It's not that I'm turning my back on my religion. I love God. I believe in Him. I talk to Him on my most solemn moment and pray from time to time. I do want to go to church, but not when I'm too pre-occupied. It's just that I think it'd be useless for me to hear mass when I'm not really listening. Is it really okay for me to be JUST physically present? Will God condemn me for violating the 3rd commandment? I want to see the hearing of mass as an voluntary act from the heart rather than an obligation.
Anyway, to end my parent's worry, I fixed myself and went off. But as you can see I didn't really go to church. I chose to go to an internet rental shop and vent all my frustration. Sheesh!!!
May God forgive this child of His. Amen.

No comments: