Monday, June 09, 2008


I just got back from Manila. I went to see my friends in MDH. I printed CD stickers in the office. I had my gift to Colleen sent through LBC shipping. But the most important thing I did was I took my toys which I temporarily stored at Aris’ place. I had them stored there when I moved back to Tanay after I resigned from the hospital. I didn’t want to take them home at first for 2 reasons.

First, I don’t want an argument with my Mom or my brother Richard. I’d always get a negative reaction from them whenever I’d buy something to add up to my collection. They find it unreasonable for me to spend much for something that is not a necessity. If only I could, I wanted to tell them:

hey this is my money,I worked hard for this
why can’t I spend it on something I really like
do you know I’m a lonely soul and these stuff are my little source of happiness,
blah blah blah
blah blah blah

But I didn’t and I won’t. I prefer to keep quiet to end it all. An argument requires “transparency“ on both parties which I’d prefer not to get into. A set of words would lead to an explanation that leads to another story and eventually would lead to another explanation. Who knows, it may never end. It’s always best to keep your mouth shut. Less words, less mistakes! Or so I thought. It’d be best for me not to let them know that I spend more on anime and toys than food and clothes hehehe.

Second reason, at that time, I didn’t want to leave Manila for good (duh like you’re going abroad?!?). I wanted to go back. I thought I need to leave something important behind to make me go back. I told myself, I’ll get another job and get another place and move them (toys) with me again.

But then I realized that I was only being emotional. For crissake I’m only 2 hours away, that with or without a job, I can always go back. And I MISS the toys I left SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUUUUUCCCHHH!

Surprisingly, my mom knew all along that I still have some stuff left in Manila.
She asked me:
“so what are you going to do with all of this?”
And I said:
“collection. I’m an ANIME FAN and I work hard and I deserve to be pleased”
End of discussion. Teeheee…

Now they’re back to join the others. We’re one BIG family again. It’s not like I feel complete inside. But at least for now, I’m satisfied.

No comments: