Saturday, June 14, 2008

Sisig

Sisig is a Kapampangan term which means "to snack on something sour". It usually refers to fruits, often unripe or half-ripe, sometimes dipped in salt and vinegar. It also refers to a method of preparing fish and meat, especially pork which is marinatedin a sour liquid such as lemon juice or vinegar, then seasoned with salt, pepper and other spices.

Sisig as is popularly known today is actually sizzling sisig, a Philippine dish made from parts of pig’s head, liver and usually seasoned with kalamansi and chili peppers

I just had my lunch. My mom asked Ivy to buy sisig from plaza and I was really surprised that there was actually an eatery here that sells it. This was actually my first time that I’m gonna eat sisig in my home. My mom doesn’t cook it. I’ve always had it at Dencio’s or Padi’s Point with my friends and no we never take it out.

We were excited to taste it. Yummmmm!

Suddenly my priest uncle texted my mom saying that he’ll take his lunch here. Whoops, that was a dilemma. It was unexpected. The food would not be enough. So in the end my mom and Fr. Caloy ate their lunch at Chowking.

I find it really funny, because we were really excited like it’s the first time to taste it. But I was thankful. I could tell the meal is FULL of CHOLESTEROL which is really bad for my HBP mom. But it was really good hehehe. Now that’s one perk of being young. You’re not restricted on things like this hehehe. Mmmmmm!