Thursday, July 17, 2008

How Joe Hisaishi made my (early) morning

It’s 3:32 in the morning and I’m really feeling restless from a not so pleasant dream. I stupidly tried bothering people but they are wise enough to ignore… so I end up talking to my best friend - my laptop. I need to calm myself. I browsed my file looking for a powerful music and I just have what I need – Joe Hisaishi!

I’m not really in a position to talk about Hisaishi. My words can never justify the greatness of his music but I’ve always think that his music is one of the great contribution why Miyaki’s films were successful. It’s amazing how the serene and mystic note blend with every scene. It takes my heart and mind with the scene. I don’t need a holographic effect to feel I’m part of the movie. Just now, I’m listening to Piano Stories II: The Wind of Life and I feel like I’m in the spirit bath house that Chihiro worked. Now I feel like sleeping again with a wish of dreaming a Hayao Miyazaki world…-yawn-

No comments: