Thursday, July 13, 2006

I would rather live on carrying the memory until the end. Because even if it’s a sad memory, even if it’s a memory that only hurts me, even if it’s a memory I would rather forget… If I carry it until the end without running away from it… Someday, someday I may become myself who wouldn’t lose to those memories… I believe it… because I want to believe… there is such no memory that you can just forget… the truth is… I didn’t really want her to forget about me… but this is just my childish wish…

Now that I’ve decided to stop reading Blade of the Immortal until I reviewed vol. 1-13, I am currently reading Furuba! Fruits Basket is one of my most favorite titles. And the abovementioned line was quoted by Momiji, in episode 15 of the anime. But Momiji’s story was featured in volume 4. Do I need to say that it’s my favorite part. Every time I’d watch it, I always end up with my eyes teary (awww). Even unmoving panels in manga is no exception. It’s just that I admire Momiji’s strength at a very young age. To be forgotten by the person you love most… is just the most painful thing. But Momiji… for the sake of her mom… for her happiness… he accepted this tragic fate. His story struck me that much hehehe. And by the way, Momiji’s entrance in manga is way cooler than in anime. Kyou is my favorite Furuba character, but Momiji is MY character, in so many ways. Well, actually, I find fragments of myself in all the characters of Furuba, but Momiji has the most hehehe. I’m really hooked now. I find it hard to stop reading even if I had to get some sleep. I’m already at volume 7 hehehe. By the way, I just learned that Natsuki Takaya (the creator) had her left hand injured and led to surgery, and she’s left handed too, that’s why by volume 7, she apologized that her handwriting got worse hehehe. Anyways, my goal is to finish the 19 volumes this week, so I can start reviewing BOTI when I get home on Saturday, I’ve got lots of reading to do hehehe. All the Sohma’s are sooooo cute!!!

No comments: