Sunday, July 16, 2006

Furuba again?!?

My chest hurts… feels like it will shatter. An impossible wish… I’m depressed… because I know what it’s like to have an unrealizable wish – Tohru Honda, Fruits Basket

I finally finished reading Furuba all 19 volumes. I slept past 3AM just to finish it. It’s not like I felt obliged to finish reading it before the weekend, but it’s just that I find it hard to stop, especially when things are getting more and more interesting. Besides I drank 6 (read that SIX) cups of coffee from the seminar I attended yesterday. Geez, these raccoon eyes are hopeless hehehe. Anyway, though it’s really obvious, I want to say it once again… I LOVE FURUBA SO MUCH!!! Reading this manga makes me more amazed on the similarities of the events to my life. I remember a certain someone said that anime portrays real events in life. It really does, same goes for manga (of course). And yeah, let me take back what I said that Akito being a girl was just a rumor. NO! I was so stubborn, to say something like that when I was only at volume 12. Akito is really a SHE! It wasn’t revealed until volume 17. But when she is being hugged by male junishis (I envy her), they don’t turn into their animal form… oh yeah, she’s the “god” hehehe. But little by little I understand her burdens… it wasn’t fully disclosed yet, but just like any cursed Souma, she had this disturbing past… With almost everyone, finding their true happiness and slowly feeling the taste of freedom, I thought the story will finally conclude on volume 19, but it had just left me hanging… AGAIN! Grrrrr!!! Anyways, the Sohmas have grown up, Kyo and Yuki look more mature now. Kisa and Hiro have grown taller. And Momiji, dear Lord, he’s soooo cool! He’s just as those nerdy school girls have imagined him to be. He’s taller than Tohru now, but he still has that child-LIKE attitude, he’s carrying a bunny backpack (kawaii!!! I want something like that!!!) . He still hangs around Tohru like a kid, holding hands while walking hehehe. And he had gained fangirls! He’s really cute hehehe. Yuki got new friends, officers of the Student council, and he finally realized that his feelings for Tohru were just like a son is to a mother. It surprised me a bit that he actually opened up to his new friend Kakeru instead of Tohru. Although I like him the least, I cried when he finally told his past. He was also ALONE… he grew up knowing he’s hated by everyone, not needed by his family… nobody to protect him. Yet when he finally found friends, they eventually had to be taken away. Having the family secret exposed, their memory had to be erased. That was so sad –sniff-. Let’s move to Kyou, after graduation, he’ll be locked away. And it’s Tohru’s goal, to lift the curse of the junishi. Sorry for all the Yukiru fans, she’ll definitely end up with Kyou hehehe. I can’t wait to see what’ll happen next. And yeah, it turned out that everyone will end up in a “straight” relationship, despite the rampant shonen and shojo ai implications hehehe. And that reminds me, only Momiji and Kagura have no partner. And I don’t see any possibility of them ending up together. I’m sure that Momiji needs someone younger than him hehehe… Kagura too hehehe –long live the pedophiles!- hmmm, I think she’ll be better off with Nao-chan hahaha… Furuba, had made me laugh, cry, giggle, understand my life, understand myself… I was so moved… again, it encouraged me… that there’s hope… that this “snow” life of mine, would melt someday…(“,x)

I can’t wait to come home. I miss my family so much. I’m sure my sister would give me that annoying comment that “so, you’ve gained weight again huh” waaaahh! Really I’m starting to lessen my food intake. May there be no food treats at least for one month so I won’t get tempted hehehe… and I can’t wait to call Sri. It has been my routine to call her every weekend, but since I haven’t gone home for a month now, we haven’t talked since then. We have this Ayame and Shigure kind of friendship hahaha, our conversations never fails to make me laugh. I really miss her. I can’t wait to tell her the progress of Furuba ever since the anime concluded hehehe. Anyways, it had been rainy this week, but still very fruitful and fun, thanks to Momonja, my source of entertainment hahaha.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»