Saturday, June 24, 2006

Whew, I just got home. I came from CCP and watched the Condors’ Conquest of the Galaxy: Jupiter, with my 3rd yr. BFA classmates. We were required by our professor in Nihonggo to attend. Well, even if we weren’t required, I would still attend anyway. Anyways, Condors is a group of Japanese male stage performers dressed in gakuren. The production is a mixture of dance, live music, puppet show, etc. There were series of dance performance with funny antics ,drawn from pop culture, in between. Well, considering they are in Manila, most of the flicks featured were contemporary Philippine pop culture, there was even a part that one actor sang an excerpt of the song “Pinoy Ako” by Orange and Lemons. But my favorite was a story about this middle age man who’s a frustrated football player working in a call center in Makati, who can’t get over his football passion. Haha, it was really hilarious…

Anyways, today is the last day of my VL -sigh- Good thing tomorrow is (holiday) Manila Day and at the same time it’s Dr. Hogar’s birthday and we’ll be celebrating it at Dr. Joson’s rest house in Anilao Batangas. It’s a beach, but I don’t think I’ll be able to swim (because I dunno how) or even take a dip, I’m actually not prepared for it… but we have lots of food to munch hehehe… Awww, it’s gonna ruin my diet again, but this events comes once in a blue moon so why not make the most out of it.

No comments: