Monday, June 19, 2006

Greetings & Toycon...

-yawn- it’s Father’s Day! I just want to greet the best dad in the whole world! My Fodsie Dodsie… well, okay, I did already, I even bought him his favorite Hopiang Ube hehehe.

I just finished editing the pics I got from Toycon (day 1). Oh yeah, how was it. Well if I’d be speaking of the event, it turned out pretty well. With 170 cosplayers, mostly are new faces to me, I’d say, the anime, rather, the cosplay community wouldn’t die soon hehe… well, I felt really envious…. How I wished I were part of the group back then. But I really have no one to blame but myself… well, my slump state that is… I’m not sure when is the next J-event, but I wish I could think of a character that would suit my appearance and personality (and taste) –sigh- and yeah, as I thought, it was really depressing to be on the bazaar, eyeing on some stuff, yet I got no cash to purchase them –sigh- hmmm, I just wish that nobody bought that Akira action figure that I wanted… well, what else, they got decent bands to perform. I can’t remember the names, but they were good, not the usual garage bands (sort of) I’ve heard during the past events…


A bishie cosplayer caught my attention, he’s name’s Diego… I have no idea whoever he was cosplaying, but I didn’t bother. He’s so damn cute, he looks like a younger version of Dr. C*** hmmm, I wonder if some of my friends know him. He’s really cute, I can’t stop taking pictures of him… now there goes my fangirl instincts hehehe… darn, I wanted to get his number and email address, but when I was following him already, I saw a girl beside him –sigh- erase that stalking plan. But when I get to see him again, I’ll ask for his contacts when he’s alone… surely hehehe… I realized, it’s time for me try something like this hehehe…

Also, I was glad to see friends that I haven’t seen (and heard) for a long time. Chris, well, what’s with the curly hair on the back, he looks more slut than ever haha… Neitaro, waah, really, it’s been ages since I’ve heard something from her. She’s much cuter than ever. And of course, those cosplayers that I’ve met from past events, but oh, I’m just so cruel to have forgotten their name when they remember mine! Kido ga hidoi!




And here’s another funny story. When I was watching the program, I took a seat in the front row. Suddenly I realized that the girl beside me kept smiling at me. Then she asked me, this is you right? She showed her mobile phone with my pic when I cosplayed Soujiro during the 1st UP-AME con. So I said “oh yeah, that’s me”. Then she showed another pic, this time I’m not cosplaying, just in my plain clothes. It was taken during the 2nd UP-AME event. Always in UP huh? Anyway, I felt guilty again that she remembered me, yet I never remember her. So this time, I took the initiative “hey let’s take a pic, so I won’t forget you hehehe”. And finally I asked for her name, well if it isn’t fate or something, her name’s Rachel hahaha! Now here’s the funny part, I asked her how old she is –I’ve been trying to identify the age range of my fandom hahaha-, and I was really surprised to hear that she was 21 already. Whoa! I thought you’re on you’re teens only, say 16-18… yeah I really thought. She just smiled. Then she asked me, “how about you?” – “oh, I’m 23” and then she and her little sister were even more shocked… they actually thought I was 12. Now that’s exaggerating. But it always happens… this is nothing new hehehe…


Going back to the event, we (my buddies) went off after the cosplay catwalk… we chat a little with friends… and headed to food court for a Pica-pica… yeah, by the way, I brought my co-staff, Neil with me. I’m glad to see that he had fun. And yeah, I was surprised when he took Mike and Paolo’s cell numbers, he’s such a loner in the office, so I’m glad to see that he’s making friends with my friends. And yeah, when we had our group pic, I realized that they’re all guys with me hahaha…well Jam was originally with us earlier, but she left a little early. Anyway, setting my personal frustrations aside, it’s worth coming… after all, this is TOY con we’re talking about.

No comments: