Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Worst Starbucks Experience

Early Monday morning, I was on my way to a friend's place when I passed by the Starbucks Tektite branch. I stopped and thought I have 6 more stickers to go so why not make it 5. I am not in a hurry after all. I was surprised as I advanced to the entrance, there were already people, about to go to work, waiting. I thought it was weird, they usually open at 7:00 AM and it's almost 7:30 so I asked one of the man standing at the door, "what time do they open?". He gave me a sarcastic answer "7". Apparently, he's been waiting longer than it seems. I was startled, I never expected punctuality issues with Starbucks. What was annoying about it was, there were already "partners" inside. They were doing some stuff, I'm sure they are oblivious to customers waiting outside, they could've let us in and wait in the couch, after all, the store is OFFICIALLY open. The store finally opened after 10 minutes, but that's not the end of it. I know that Starbucks is one of the company affected by the global economic crisis, but they don't have to show that to their customers. It's not that hard to smile. Come on, this is Philippines, we laugh at our problems here! Now for the worst part, my short cafe mocha was obviously RUSHED. The whipped cream was missing, it was lukewarm, WTF! For once, I forgot that it's a Starbucks coffee. It was so early in the morning and I'm not a complaint freak so I let it go with a thought that I'm never going back there ever again.

The redeeming thing, though, was the lady put the sticker to the wrong category. She put it in the featured beverages section (featured drinks are more expensive than the regular ones). She was on a rush, of course... tsk tsk.. Remember, it's Tektite branch...

No comments: