Monday, April 16, 2012

Some Things Never Change

On a quiet Good Friday afternoon, I was peacefully taking my slumber when I woke up to a loud sound of bickering naggers. It was Ivy and Oli, my siblings, fighting over the internet turn.While I was extremely upset at the time, for taking away the most precious thing from me (sleep), I can't help thinking that some things never change. Having siblings is favorable because I got mates by default. But sometimes, I can't help but think that it's not so favorable because I got mates by default. Other than putting up with their immaturity, we always had something to bicker about, it never gets old. When we were kids, it was the TV. On our teenage years, it was the landline phone. And now, the internet!  We have no wifi router, and these two have been planning to get one. They asked me to share the expense but I declined because I didn't feel the need for it, if there ever is, it's on weekends and holidays, on times when we're all at home. On weekdays, I have no competition on morning (which is my only free time anyway), and most of the time, I don't have the energy to stay in front of the computer (heck! I'm in front of a PC all the time at work!). Anyway, the bickering of these two O's (Ivy's real name is Olivia) didn't stop there, they did it again on Black Saturday and on Day of Valour (Monday, April 9). They are getting on my nerves! I am happy that our family got together for a long weekend, but then I realized that being together also meant slashing my peaceful time at home. Oh hello rowdy people! Despite that, I am still very grateful.