Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Remembering Francis M

I'm browsing some pictures from archive folders when I saw some Francis Magalona pics. It was a little timing because March 6 is his death anniversary. And believe it or not, my playlist coincidentally played "Kaleidoscope World" while looking at the pictures. I remember these pictures were taken sometime in October 2006, it was an Octoberfest event it Eastwood. He was performing the same song that I'm listening right now. This was the first and the last time I saw him perform.

Francis M. is one of the few Filipino musicians that I really like and I think are talented. He wouldn't be dubbed as the King of Rap if he wasn't. I remember, when he died 2 years ago, I felt sad as a fan and as a Filipino. He was one of the few artists I know that had originality and sense of pride of being a Filipino. And he was cute too. He was 42 when i last saw him, but he looked way younger than that.

It has been 2 years since he passed a way. It was such a loss in the music industry, gone too soon, but his legacy as a musician lives on.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ang galing! Is that you in the picture with him? NICE! I haven't been to any of his live performances but I did see him in Robinson's Galleria walking around with a friend. He looked really young for his age. He can easily pass for someone in their late 20s. I like him too. I think he's very talented and gifted. A true musician.

kidd said...

Yep that's me with him hehehe.