Friday, April 01, 2011

Today I went to the supermarket to buy some snacks to bring for my trip tomorrow. I will be going on a pilgrimage to Pampanga churches (a.k.a Visita Iglesia) together with my mom and my youngest sister, Ivy. It's a parochial event, there are 200 more attendees, all residents of Tanay. This is my first time to go on a pilgrimage, and I'm excited. Aside from the fact that I'm trying to make up for all the time I've detached myself from religion and doing all I can to strengthen my spirituality, I also love art, I love architecture, and Catholic churches are some of the oldest architecture that we have here, so I'm excited to see that.

Going back to the supermarket, I was going through the biscuits section when I saw the shelf of M.Y. San canned biscuits. I felt a tinge in my heart, as images of my grandparents popped in my mind. I miss my grandparents. They used to stock canned butter biscuits. We used to eat them during merienda time. It wasn't easy to have them here back then so it wasn't a daily thing. But now, we have Savemore, and I have the option to buy them anytime I want. But then, it's never gonna be the same.

4 comments:

Che | BackpackingPilipinas said...

kidd, dont forget to take photos of the churches! share it to my Philippine Churches Album, can you?! hehe thanks!

kidd said...

Done! =)

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, I know how that feels like. My grandmother was a biscuit hoarder too. She kept cans of it. She also kept other items like bread. Basically, those things are for herself but since she had grandchildren coming to and fro her room, she has been our source of merienda. She takes a lot of pride being her grandchildren's snack lady. I learned to drink hot tea from her very early on. She also loved Lipton hot tea.

kidd said...

Don't we just love our grannies hehehe. I love those canned biscuits, my grandparents though are coffee people, so usually, water lang kapartner ng buscuit namin. Sometimes, my lolo let's us dip our biscuits in his coffee.