Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Simplest Wish

So the typhoon Frank hit Region 4 and Metro Manila. With a speed rate of Signal no. 3, what can you expect afterwards? Yes, a power failure. It’s a good thing that it rained all day so I didn’t have to worry about temperature. It was cold. I couldn’t be at all bored since I have a LOT of reading materials. Until the night time came and darkness covered the whole town. We don’t have an emergency fluorescent light so we have to be satisfied with candles and flashlight.

But I can’t! I can’t read at all with the “orange” light. I’m bored!

This is the moment when I forget all the problems. To hell with stress and pressure. I can’t think. I can’t move. I can only lie down and wish…

Oh God… please… LET THERE BE LIGHT….

At around 10:30 PM, the power resumed.

Halleluiah!

But I got exhausted from boredom and I felt sleepy so I went back to my bed and sleep… and dream… and my day is just starting for real.

No comments: